estimated AUC72 [NCA / SHAM]

posted by ratnakar1811 – India, 2013-10-10 13:30 (3841 d 06:13 ago) – Posting: # 11639
Views: 9,943

Dear Helmut & Sam,
Thanks a lot!

❝ Good question, next question. ;-) Note that “t” is defined as the time point of the last quantifiable concentration. Your primary metric is not AUC36. But it’s true that missing values / <LLOQ will also lead to “apples-and-oranges” (old story). BTW, have you ever seen in a steady-state study Phoenix/WinNonlin reporting AUClast AUCtau? If yes, can you guess why?

Is it because AUClast considers area up to last quantifiable concentration and AUCtau only considers area between dosing interval?

I am still confused about comparing AUC8hrs of one subject with AUC 36hrs of other subject, what is your suggestion on it?

In fact I would like to add a situation I have faced in couple of studies for pMDI formulation (with and without charcoal treatment), for Salmeterol I got AUC% extrapolation more than 20 % in about 35 % of the population and most of the subjects achieved either zero concentration much before the last concentration or had very slight concentration at last time point, actually a straight line was seen in the elimination phase because of which although samples were collected sufficient time period (up to 18 hrs post dose), AUC% extrapolation was greater than 20%. Following is a profile typically seen in most of the subjects but we got a query from regulator over it for validity of the as per guideline?

[image][image]

Can we have some justification for such issue?

Best Regards,

Ratnakar

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,651 registered users;
59 visitors (0 registered, 59 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:44 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5