OT: TTT subtleties [PK / PD]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2013-07-20 21:44 (3926 d 09:32 ago) – Posting: # 11027
Views: 20,747

Dear Detlew,

:confused: How could this be? How is AUC0-t influenced by the estimate of lamdaZ. IMHO in no way!

Oops! Sorry, my mistake. It should be "...but λz and AUCt-∞ (the extrapolated AUC) could be significantly different."

❝ This is a misunderstanding. We talked in this thread about models, especially obtaining k01. And in a model other than a one-compartment model you can't get k01 by log-linear regression

I see. Sorry about my misunderstanding.

❝ IMHO the TTT rule in it's strict sense - use all points after two-times-tmax for log-linear regression - is indeed only appropriate for concentration-time curve shapes which resemble those from a one-compartment model. And yes it has to do with the second inflection point of the curve after which the linear part of log(C) versus time begins in an one-compartment model.

Very happy to know these.

❝ But as a tool to restrict the upper number of points to consider in the terminal phase it may be also used for other shapes. Hopefully the fit criterion you use (adjR2, AIC or whatever you prefer) will pick the linear part. In that sense I have used the TTT rule and found it giving reasonable results.

Perfect and crystal. :thumb up: :clap: Yes, it should be picking linear part only. Since when it approaches "nonlinear" part, adjR2 will start decreasing or AIC will increase in that case (theoretically?). However, could you please give us an example to explain how to tell we get the "reasonable results" from TTT when comparing to others? If possible, I wish I can add this into bear.

❝ To be detailed for my method:

❝ [...]

OK.

❝ The TTT is using ideas derived from models, but itself is not a model-dependent algo because it doesn't use any model. Beside the assumption of a log-linear part of the concentration-time curves of course, which is in itself a model conception.

❝ Thus don't worry to much :-D.

Sounds contradictory but it really makes sense to me. Thanks for your time.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
103 visitors (0 registered, 103 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 07:16 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5