OT: TTT in bear [PK / PD]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2013-07-19 00:17 (3927 d 03:46 ago) – Posting: # 11024
Views: 21,133

Dear Helmut,

Yes, as I can remember, after we announced bear v1.0.0 on 2008 at this Forum, we took most advices from colleagues of this Forum to improve bear. Adding different algos (such as ARS, TTT, AIC and combo) to estimate λz was one of major tasks at that time. When finishing this part, we did some research trying to figure out if different algo really made differences. Basically, we got similar results as you did: no differences could be found with AUC0-∞, but λz and AUC0-t (AUC from time zero to the last measurable conc.) could be significantly different. We did not publish the results either. I think it mostly can be due to that the extrapolated AUC (AUCt-∞) is only 10-20% of AUC0-∞, or even less. Thus it may not have significant impact on AUC0-∞. I know some countries even do not include AUC0-∞ as pivotal BE parameters. So I very agree with what you got from comparing different algos for λz estimation. However, we did learn a lots from adding these algos into bear.

❝ Incidentally I met one of the authors of the TTT-paper (Christian Scheerans) last month. He knew that you have implemented the method in bear after our discussions in the forum. He was very happy about that. :-D [...]

Thank you and Christian.

❝ After some discussion with Christian we are considering to extend the method for multicompartment profiles. Hopefully it will not go to the to-do-list and stay there forever…

In this thread, I noticed that Detlew mentioned "TTT rule... only restricted to one-compartment model..." And now you say "... to extend the method for multicompartment profiles..." I cannot quite remember if TTT rule in only restricted form one-compartment model or not. Like like it should be. Question is that we all use NCA to analyze BE data (such as Cmax & AUCs). It raises some questions here.
  1. Does it imply that if we want to choose TTT rule to estimate λz we need to prove that the study drugs exhibit (or best fit with) the one-compartment model in the body first?
  2. Is it something related to "the inflection point of the curve" (i.e., the second point; the first is Cmax) in one-compartment model?
  3. Should we put "warning" in bear for this restriction?
  4. Also, if TTT rule is a model-dependent algo for λz estimation, is it appropriate to add the algo to the part of NCA?

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,668 registered users;
83 visitors (0 registered, 83 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 04:03 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5