Spaghetti & other pasta [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2013-05-24 03:24 (3989 d 05:27 ago) – Posting: # 10635
Views: 17,135

Dear Yung-jin!

❝ Now I think that I have fully understood the differences between the linear and the lin-up/log-down method for AUC calculations.

Hhm.

❝ Actually, lin-up/log-down method is still a kind of data smoothing approach.

No, it isn’t.

❝ The key point is that involved calculation step still uses the raw data to calculate the interpolated data.

There is no interpolation done at all. Have a look at my example in the previous post. I gave the interpolation/imputation formulas only as a hint what might happen if we need an intermediate data point. If we want to calculate the area in the interval [t2, t2] no interpolation, smoothing, whatsoever is done. Both methods are straightforward:

linear: AUCt1→t2=0.5(t2–t1)(C2+C1)
linlog: AUCt1→t2=(t2–t1)(C2–C1)/log(C2/C1)

❝ As we can see, the errors between linear and lin-up/log-down become significantly apparent, especially when sampling time between two data points is getting greater.

Right.

❝ Therefore, when there is missing data occurring, the lin-up/log-down method shows more accurate than the linear.

Xactly. See also Nathan’s PK/PD Blog.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
118 visitors (0 registered, 118 guests [including 2 identified bots]).
Forum time: 08:52 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5