Uncertain time point [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2013-05-23 03:35 (3990 d 05:58 ago) – Posting: # 10625
Views: 17,353

Hi Grace!

❝ If we treat it as missing data, don't use it in bioequivalence evaluation, would assessor think we are hiding data?

Duno. But if you treat the value as missing – depending on the algo – you might get a sub­stantially biased AUC (see my conversation with Yung-jin above).

❝ Should we include the data in PK analysis and use schedule time to be the "best guess"?

Definitely (as Ohlbe suggested). I once had to assess deficiencies where in two studies the scheduled time points (instead of the actual ones) were used. Impact on the AUC comparison was in the second decimal place. And you have only one (!) value in an entire study…
BTW, scheduled time points were my standard method in hundreds (!) of studies. So what?

❝ One literature suggest to use log linear interpolation (at elimination phase) to minimize the bias (also as your reply).

Yes, but only if the value is missing. You know the value – only its time point is uncertain.

❝ But someone said the assessor will think you are manipulating data.

I would not use an estimate. Use the measured one at the scheduled time point. Report the deviation from the protocol, don’t panic, & sleep well.

Another idea – only if you really have nothing better to do: Most protocols require a justi­fi­cation of a time deviation to be recorded in CRF only if a certain time interval is exceeded (f.i. ±2’ in the very early phase, ±5’ later on, and ±15’ for t ≥24 h). Let’s assume only the actual sampling was not recorded, but still was within the allowed interval (otherwise we have two errors instead of one). Set up two data sets: One assuming the sample was taken at the maxi­mum allowed negative deviation (too early) and the other one with the max. positive deviation (too late). Go ahead with the BE and assess the impact on the outcome.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
119 visitors (0 registered, 119 guests [including 1 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:34 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5